Sunday, December 16, 2012
Weekend in Dallas
This weekend I took my first vacation of the semester to Dallas. A city I've never visited, Dallas is now the farthest east I've ever traveled in the US, and I have to say the downtown area seems to be at least semi lively for a large American downtown area. My friend and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency off of Reunion Boulevard on the southwest side of the downtown loop. The complex maintained a room count of 1200 and goes to show the venue and most likely the surrounding area has a large capacity for travelers and capabilities to hold conventions. It wasn't particularly difficult to find places to eat, however traveling on foot or utilizing public transit was fairly accessible. Overall a great city to visit, the hotel hosted nearly 800 dancers from around the country in an event called The Pulse On Tour. By the end of the weekend, the friend I traveled with had taken a variety of classes and was offered a scholarship to a Pulse event in either Seattle, Las Vegas or San Francisco, all taking place in the beginning of the 2013 season. An exciting weekend, I would like to see more of what Texas and Dallas have to offer, but I would definitely visit again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your first weekend vacation of the semester. I've been wanting to go visit Dallas for the longest time but the stars never aligned. I enjoyed reading your insights about the City's landscape and coveniece of locomation and food. I hope to visit Dallas soon and take in the beauty of the City that everyone talks of.
ReplyDelete