Monday, September 17, 2012
First Impressions
Considering my lack of recognition of certain areas in the real estate industry, my main concern at this time is finding what I do and don't enjoy. As a senior, were oftentimes hard pressed to find something right out of school which is of course ideal, but I find it hard to believe that most of my peers can say with certainty that they wish to work for corporation x as a __________. For me, landing in a property management company as an intern is just the right dosage of understanding in the overall going ons of management and what it entails. Suffice it to say it is the ugly, hairy sibling of agent sales or purchases.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are absolutely right when you say most people don’t know what they want to do exactly upon graduation. No need to feel pressured to make that sort of decision immediately because most working adults still don’t know what they want to do lol. I think one of the main reasons to have an internship is to discover what you do and do not like regarding a given field. I’d be curious to see if at the end of your internship whether or not you decided to be a player with the “hairy sibling”.
ReplyDelete